Mediate your family law issue without a lawyer?
One family with one problem and two lawyers adds up to an expensive court battle with hurt feelings and the only winner is the lawfirm that cashes your check.
When your family is in crisis, you do not need a lawyer telling you what you should or should not do. What you need is quick and decisive answers and cooperation with your spouse, or former spouse.
Whether you need a divorce (without a lawyer), or you have a child custody issue. You can reach a solution without the cost of a lawyer - IF your spouse/former spouse is willing to mediate not litigate.
Traditionally, one side files a lawsuit, the other side answers and may or may not file counter-pleadings. After discovery is conducted the parties and their attorneys show up at a mediators office after spending hours in preparation. During the mediation, the attorneys do most of the talking while the mediator works through the problem and at the end of the day the parties hopefully reach a resolution without the necessity of going to court. But here is the thing, a vast majority of cases that settle at mediation would have resolved without lawyers too, if only that was an option. WELL, NOW IT IS.
Family Mediation Services is committed to helping families in crisis. We offer a simple solution to a difficult problem at a fraction of the cost of traditional mediation and we help the parties reach an amicable solution that is in everyone’s best interest without excessive attorneys fees or expensive litigation and best of all, you remain in control of your case and the cost.
- Mediation is private, confidential and cost effective.
- Mediation opens lines of communication. Parties are able to be heard and to vent.
- Parties can structure a resolution that the may not achieve in court.
- Parties receive a neutral evaluation of their case. Each side learns something.
- You can mediate on the date that works with your schedule, not the day the Judge picks.
- You pay only for the services recieved, no need to pay a lawyer to sit and talk or wait for a Judge
Mediate your case with Family Mediation Services
Get started today by submitting a Participant Form. Once this form has been submitted, we will evaluate your case and send a request to the other party asking him or her to consider mediation. You can see a sample of the contact letter here. Once we have both parties contact information you will be scheduled for an intake with both parties present. It is impairative that both participants be present at the intake because:
- You will meed the mediator, discuss your case and mutual goals so as to determine the issues.
- Both parties will sign the Mediation Agreement and select a date to mediate the case.
- You will pay the Mediation Fee but only if the mediation is scheduled.
If either side elects to proceed with a lawyer, you pay nothing.
- You will be provided with a packet of documents to complete and return prior to the mediation date.
- You will receive valuable information that both parties need to know about the legal process after mediation and what you will need to do to get a Judge's signature without a lawyer.
Contact Us for Appointment
FAMILY MEDIATION SERVICES
Adress : 1400 Gables Court
Plano, Texas 75075
E-mail : FMS@ReevesPC.Com
Phone : 972-596-4000
Fax : 972-596-4000
THE COST IS $449 PER SIDE
You can mediate for half a day for less than the cost one lawyer charges to review your case. Four hours with a skilled family law attorney who has tried hundreds of divorces and argued family law issues on appeal for only $449 per side. At the end of your scheduled mediation, if there is no agreement, but progress is being made, you may elect to buy additional time with the mediator. This option will be discussed at the initial meeting.
A Mediated Settlement Agreement or MSA is included in your fee of $449 per side. A MSA is a document that contractually binds both participants to complete the matter before the Court under the terms and conditions agreed to at mediation. It is your agreement, but for practical purposes, it is the Court's ruling - just the one that you both ask the Judge to make.
After mediation is complete and you have your MSA prepared and signed, the parties have several options. You can go the County Law Library and secure forms you complete yourself (these forms are also available online from several purveyors, or you can buy them from us. When you buy forms from us, scribner service is available to professionally complete the forms so they are ready for signature.